Julian Cuyamaca Fire Protection District (JCFPD) CERT is offering Disaster Preparedness classes on the fourth Thursday of each month, beginning March 26, 2015, which will be held in the Community Room at the Julian Library from 6-8pm. The following schedule outlines the topics to be presented each month.
- Thursday, March 26 – Disaster Preparedness
- Thursday, April 23 – Defensible Space
- Thursday, May 28 – Basic Medical Training
- Thursday, June 25 – Basic Medical Training continued
- Thursday, July 23 – Fire Extinguisher Usage
- Thursday, August 27 – Search and Rescue
- Thursday, September 24 – Disaster Psychology
- Thursday, October 22 – American Red Cross Partnership
- November – TBD
The goal of JCFPD CERT is to educate and inform as many members of our community as possible, so that in the event of a major disaster, individuals, families, and neighbors can be self-reliant and prepared to help themselves and others, if needed. Everyone is welcome. Any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up for the classes on our sign-up page.